4 fillets of chicken breasts(200 gr/fillet)
1 tsp dry oregano
1 tsp dry basil
2 tomatoes, finely sliced
¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped.
3 tsp oil from the sun-dried tomatoes (1 tsp +2 tsp
4 slices of mozzarella cheese
12 leaves of basil
4 cloves of garlic, crushed or finely chopped
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar Papadim’s
2 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Using a sharp knife, make deep slashes on each chicken breast so that it opens in the centre like a butterfly.
- Season the fillets on both sides with the salt, pepper, oregano and dry basil.
- Drizzle each fillet with 1 tsp oil from the sun-dried tomatoes and coat them on the inside.
- Stuff each chicken breast with 2 slices of tomato, 2 tsp of sun-dried tomatoes, a mozzarella slice and basil leaves.
- Insert 3-4 toothpicks into each chicken breast to keep the pocket closed so that the filling does not leak out while cooking.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat up 2 tsp oil from the sun-dried tomatoes over medium to high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes on each side, until nicely browned.
- In a bowl, mix the garlic, balsamic vinegar and brown sugar.
- Pour the mixture in the pan around the chicken, simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring every now and then, until the sauce is slightly glazed.
- Transfer the fillets with the sauce in an ovenproof dish and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes
- Remove the toothpicks, drizzle the fillets with the gravy from the pan and serve.