2 kg pork chops
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1 onion, finely chopped + ½ onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp coriander seeds
4 tbsp honey mustard Papadim’s
½ cup olive oil
1 beer can ( 330 ml)
10 cherry tomatoes for the garnish
1 tbsp pink pepper corns for the garnish
10 sprigs of thyme for the garnish
- Preheat the oven at 180ο C.
- Put the pork chops in a large bowl.
- Add the salt, pepper, onion, garlic, cayenne pepper, coriander, honey mustard, olive oil and beer.
- Mix everything thoroughly by hand, making sure that the pork chops are well coated.
- Cover the bowl with cling film; place it in the fridge for at least 6 hours or even leave it overnight.
- In a non-stick baking tray, spread out the pork chops and pour the marinade over them. Give them a final mix by hand and put in the oven.
- Cook under the grill for 20-30 minutes, flipping the pork chops over during this time.
- On a serving platter, spread the cherry tomatoes and the onion slices.
- Remove the pork chops from the oven and lay them out on the serving platter.
- Pour the marinade that is left in the baking tray over the chops, garnish with pink pepper corns and thyme and serve immediately.