1 Boneless Pork Shoulder about 2kgs
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
600 ml red wine
350 ml chicken stock
1 large tbsp flour
3 tbsp honey
3 tbsp chili and paprika mustard Papadim’s
For the roots:
2 fennel bulbs
1 celery root
2 sweet potatoes
8 baby potatoes
150 gr olive oil
3-4 sprigs fresh thyme
40 gr orange & lemon white balsamic cream Papadim’s
Freshly ground pepper
- Place an electric stove top suitable Dutch oven over high heat and add the olive oil. If you don’t have a Dutch oven, use a deep non-stick frying pan.
- Sear the pork shoulder thoroughly from all sides until nicely browned, sprinkling with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- When the pork shoulder is nicely browned, add the butter, chili and paprika mustard Papadim’s and the honey; Sprinkle with the flour, stir well until you can no longer see the flour, add the red wine and the chicken stock and let it come to the boil.
- Cover the Dutch oven and place it in a pre-heated oven at 180οC for 2½-3 hours.
- Wash and peel all the roots: the fennel bulbs, turnips, beetroot, celery root, sweet potatoes and carrots.
- On a chopping board, use a sharp knife to cut the roots into small pieces of similar size; place the root pieces in a bowl.
- Add half of the olive oil, salt and freshly ground pepper and using your hands toss vigorously so that all the pieces have been seasoned.
- Place the roots on a non-stick baking tray and spread them out well.
- Pour the remaining olive oil and the orange & lemon balsamic cream Papadim’s, add the thyme sprigs and bake in a pre-heated oven at 220οC for 35-40 minutes.