900 gr. Boneless pork chops
½ tsp ground cuminο
½ tsp paprika
Flake salt, to taste
Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
2 tbsp butter, divided (1 tbsp + tbsp)
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 bay leaf
1 ½ cups milk
¼ cup oregano & thyme mustard Papadim’s
The zest from one lemon
1-2 tbsp butter
1-2 tbsp flour
1 tsp fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven at 200 C.
- Season the pork chops from both sides with the cumin, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Place a large ovenproof skillet over medium to high heat and add 1 tbsp butter to melt.
- Sear the chops for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned.
- Remove the chops from the skillet and leave aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the remaining (1tbsp) butter over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute until it releases its aroma.
- Add the bay leaf, the milk, the oregano & thyme mustard and the lemon zest, stir, lower the heat and let simmer.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Return the chops in the skillet and cover it with a lid or a piece of aluminium
- Place the meat in the oven for 15-30 minutes, until cooked to your liking.
- Remove the chops from the skillet, slice them and leave them aside.
- Heat up the sauce and let simmer. While simmering, add 1 -2 tbsp butter and 1-2 tbsp flour; whisk with a metal balloon whisk until the flour is incorporated to the sauce.
- As soon as the sauce thickens and turns creamy, remove it from the heat.
- Pour the mustard sauce over the pork chops, sprinkle with some thyme and serve.