1 tbsp balsamic cream with stevia* Papadim’s + extra for the garnish
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium carrot, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
800 gr tomato concassé
3 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
1 tbsp basil pesto sauce
1 tsp dry thyme
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
½ cup heavy cream
3 cups fresh baby spinach
Basil leaves for the garnish
Roasted and sliced almonds for the garnish
- In a deep pot, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the onion and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the carrot and the garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Add the tomato concassé, the chicken or vegetable stock, the basil pesto sauce, the balsamic cream with stevia*, the thyme, salt and pepper and continue cooking.
- As soon as it comes to a full boil, reduce the heat (medium to low) and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer the soup in small doses to the blender bowl and blend until smooth.
- Return the blended soup into the pot, add the heavy cream and stir until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Add the spinach and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat, ladle it into individual bowls, sprinkle with some drops of balsamic cream with stevia; garnish with basil leaves and a few roasted almonds, and serve.
* Balsamic cream with sweetener from the stevia plant