½ cup cashews
100 gr goat cheese (chèvre)
4 slices of baguette bread
1 tsp dry basil
1 bunch of rocket
200 gr fresh spinach, cleaned.
1/3 cup olive oil
4 tsp Pomegranate Balsamic Cream with Stevia* Papadim’s
Salt, to taste
Pepper, freshly ground, to taste
Parmesan flakes for the garnish
*balsamic cream with sweetener from the stevia plant
- Turn on the oven grill at 240ο C.
- Put the cashews in a non-stick frying pan; without adding any oil, cook over moderate heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until roasted.
- Slice the chèvre (goat cheese) into 4 slices.
- On each slice of bread, put one slice of goat cheese and sprinkle with half of the quantity of basil.
- Transfer the bread slices into a shallow baking tray and grill for about 1-2 minutes, taking care that the cheese does not melt, but just begins to soften.
- Rinse and strain the rocket; chop it into small pieces.
- Do the same thing with the spinach.
- Add the rocket and spinach in a bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the salad, add the Pomegranate Balsamic Cream with Stevia *, the roasted cashews, the remaining basil and the salt; mix thoroughly.
- Take four individual dishes and place one grilled slice of bread with goat cheese at the bottom of the dish.
- Then divide the salad into the dishes over the grilled cheese, sprinkle with freshly ground pepper and parmesan flakes and serve.
* balsamic cream with sweetener from the stevia plant