2 Shortcrust pastry sheets with yeast
4 spring onions
1 red onion
1 shot ouzo
2 tbsp mild mustard Papadim’s
½ bunch of French parsley
½ bunch of hartwort
½ bunch of fennel
½ bunch of parsley
2-3 tbsp parboiled rice
- In a non-stick frying pan, sauté the spring onions and the red onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Add the shrimps, sauté for about one minute and add the ouzo.
- Add pepper, the mild mustard, salt and a little warm water and let cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the fennel, the French parsley, the hartwort and the parsley and let cook for 2-3 minutes until the herbs have wilted.
- Remove from the heat and add the rice and mix thoroughly, then let the filling cool down.
Grease a baking tray with olive oil and spread one sheet of the shortcrust pastry.
- Pour in the shrimp filling, spread it evenly so it covers the entire surface of the tray, then cover with the second sheet of shortcrust pastry and turn the edges inwards.
- Cut vent slits in the top crust, baste it with olive oil and bake in a preheated oven at 180oC for about one hour, until golden brown.
To watch the TV show click here