1 kg cod, cut in small portions
250 gr all-purpose flour
250 ml lager
1 tsp Oregano & Thyme Mustard Papadim’s
2 tbsp olive oil
Olive oil for frying
250 strained yogurt
2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
2 tbsp dill, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
2 tbsp Orange & Lemon Balsamic Cream Papadim’s
freshly ground pepper
- Start desalting the cod the day before, by placing it in a large container of cold water and soaking it for at least 9 hours, changing the water several times during soaking.
- In a deep bowl, mix the flour with the two spoonfuls of olive oil.
- Add the Oregano & Thyme Mustard Papadim’s and the lager; whisk with a balloon whisk until you get a smooth batter.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat and add olive oil.
- Fry the cod always over high heat, then place on paper towels that will catch the excess oil.
For the yogurt dip:
- In a bowl whisk together the yogurt with the Orange & Lemon Balsamic Cream Papadim’s.
- Add the finely chopped garlic, parsley and dill and mix thoroughly.
- Finally, season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Serve the fried cod together with the yogurt dip.