1 kg sardines
1 cup olive oil
2 onions, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 cup white wine
3 tbsp mustard
4 tbsp orange & lemon balsamic cream Papadim’s
1 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
1 lemon, the zest
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
Red pepper paste for the garnish
- Lay the sardines on a baking tray, one next to the other.
- Preheat the oven at 190ο C.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and sauté the onions.
- As soon as the onions have become translucent, add the garlic and sauté together with the onion for about 2 more minutes.
- Stir the wine into the mixture, add the mustard and allow the alcohol to evaporate.
- Let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Remove the frying pan from the heat, add the orange & lemon balsamic cream, parsley, lemon zest, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour the sauce over the sardines and bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- Garnish the sardines with red pepper paste and serve with roasted potatoes.