1 fillet of perch
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
6 Florina peppers
40 ml olive oil
2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar Papadim’s
2 tbsp orange & lemon white balsamic cream Papadim’s
1 tbsp honey
1 clove garlic, finely sliced
3 tbsp finely chopped chives
Freshly ground pepper
- Place the Florina peppers whole on a non-stick baking tray; drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Put the tray with the peppers in a pre-heated oven at 200οC for 20-25 minutes until tender with a charred skin.
- When the peppers are ready, remove from the oven, place them in a bowl and cover them tightly with plastic wrap so that the water vapour created helps you peel off the skin very easily.
- Put the peppers on a chopping board; remove the skin, stalks and seeds; cut them in julienne and place the strips in a bowl.
- Add 40 ml olive oil, the white balsamic vinegar, honey, orange& lemon white balsamic cream, garlic, chives, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Place the perch fillet on a chopping board and using a sharp knife, cut it into 4 pieces.
- Put a large non-stick frying pan over high heat and add 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Sauté both sides of the perch fillets for 2-3 minutes, sprinkling with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Add the butter, lower the heat and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes, flipping periodically.
- Serve the Florina peppers together with the perch fillets and some freshly ground pepper in large individual plates.