250gr Arborio rice
150gr sliced white button mushrooms
150gr sliced oyster mushrooms
1 finely chopped onion
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped or use a garlic press
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
½ glass white wine
750ml chicken stock
2 teaspoons Oregano & thyme mustard Papadim’s
2 shot glasses Classic balsamic vinegar Papadim’s
freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Melt the butter in a small non-stick frying pan.
- Add the mushrooms and sautee on a high heat until nicely coloured.
- Add 2 shot glasses of Kalamata balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Add the onion and the garlic and sautée until soft.
- Add the rice and continue to cook for another 2 minutes, stirring continuously until well coated in oil.
- Add a little salt and the wine. As soon as it is absorbed add a cupful of stock.
- Again allow all the liquid to be absorbed, and then add another cup of stock.
- Continue the process until the stock is finished and the rice is creamy but still slightly al dente.
- A minute before removing it from the heat, add the 2 teaspoons of Balsamon Oregano & Thyme Mustard and stir in gently.
- Serve the risotto with the mushrooms in a deep plate and sprinkle with parsley.