3 cups white beans
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped into cubes
8 cloves garlic
1 tbsp tomato paste
¼ tsp rosemary
½ tsp salt
140 gr spinach
790 gr tomato concasse
1 tpsp balsamic vinegar Papadim’s
8 cups vegetable stock
- Put beans in a pot with water so that they are completely covered and let them simmer over medium heat for 35-40 minutes until almost tender.
- Remove from the heat, strain and leave aside.
- In a large pot, heat up the olive oil.
- Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tomato paste, rosemary, salt, pepper and spinach; sauté slightly until the spinach wilts.
- Add the tomatoes, the balsamic vinegar, the vegetable stock and the almost cooked beans; Let the mixture come to a boil.
- Lower the heat and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Taste and add more salt if necessary.
- Remove the bean soup from the heat and serve.